Wish to know which model of Home windows you’ve gotten, however having bother discovering it? We’re right here to assist. Understanding the Home windows model operating in your PC/ laptop computer will help you put in suitable apps or software program and cargo up the most recent drivers with none bother. Microsoft affords a number of other ways to examine for these items, and in some instances, you possibly can inform the Home windows model simply by wanting on the UI. So, let’s take a deep dive into how one can examine the Home windows model of your laptop computer or PC.
Home windows model examine
To examine the Home windows model, you first must determine the software program operating in your laptop computer/ PC – whether or not it’s Home windows 7, 8, 10 or 11. This may be finished by means of the product specs sheet. In case you don’t have that, you determine the Home windows operating in your system by its seems and behavior. Right here’s how:
Home windows 11
You have got Home windows 11 in case your desktop seems one thing just like the above picture. The not too long ago launched newest model of Home windows 11 has included some large adjustments to how the working system seems and behaves. One of many main adjustments that Microsoft launched with this model of Home windows is its centre-aligned Begin menu. It’s price noting that Microsoft dropped help for 32-bit variations of Home windows. So, all of the Home windows 11 installs are 64-bit by default.
Home windows 10
Home windows 10 is the successor to Home windows 8/8.1. It additionally acquired large facelifts in comparison with what Home windows 8/8.1 delivered to the desk. One of many issues that Microsoft introduced again with this model of Home windows was the Begin menu which was lacking on Home windows 8. If you happen to see a desktop just like what the above picture displays, you’ve got Home windows 10.
Home windows 8/8.1
Microsoft utterly modified the look of Home windows with variations 8 and eight.1. One of many goals of this model of Home windows was to accommodate the rising pill workspaces and make the Home windows OS touch-friendly. This was additionally the primary time that Microsoft launched the idea of Tiles in its desktop OS. You possibly can immediately recognise this model of Home windows with its Begin menu occupying all the display screen, and massive UI icons throughout the OS.
Home windows 7
Home windows 7 is the successor to the Home windows Vista working system. Home windows 7 is one among Microsoft’s hottest and extensively used variations after Home windows 10 so far. It launched some main efficiency and safety enhancements in comparison with its predecessor. You possibly can recognise this model of Home windows with its Home windows Aero design language person interface. Together with this, you additionally get to see a redesigned taskbar that enables apps to be pinned. In case your desktop seems one thing just like the above picture then you’re operating Home windows 7.
Find out how to examine Home windows model operating in your PC/ laptop computer
Now, that you already know which Home windows software program your laptop computer/ PC is operating, right here’s inform the model – extra particularly, the structure (32-bit or 64-bit) and editions (Dwelling, Professional, Final, and so forth.):
Utilizing shortcut keys
You possibly can simply get the Home windows model info utilizing a Home windows + R shortcut key and getting into the winver command.
- Press the Home windows key + R to deliver up the Run dialogue.
- Sort winver and hit Enter key.
- After you hit Enter, an About Home windows window will open up with the Home windows model and construct quantity info.
By way of Settings app
Trendy variations like Home windows 8/8.1, 10, 11 embrace a Settings app that you should utilize to know which variations of Home windows and construct you’re operating. If you happen to don’t wish to fiddle with the instructions and shortcut keys, that is the best technique to know the system info. Take note the locations of settings would possibly differ relying on the Home windows model you’re operating.
- Click on the Begin menu or Home windows icon in your laptop computer /PC.
- Click on the Settings app icon (On Home windows 10, this shall be on the left nook of the Begin menu).
- Now click on on the System tab.
- Now click on on the About tab within the ensuing menu.
- A brand new window will open up with the Home windows and different system info.]
By way of Management Panel
- Go to Management Panel or simply seek for it on the Begin menu by both trying to find the Management Panel within the search bar or discovering it within the app listing
- Click on System and Safety.
- Within the subsequent window, click on System.
- The ensuing subsequent window may have the Home windows model info. Take note: on Home windows 11, you’ll be taken to the Settings app. And on Home windows 10 and beneath (relying on the Home windows 10 construct), you’ll be taken to the Management Panel that accommodates the associated system info.
By way of System Data
That is additionally one of many best methods to know the Home windows model info.
- Open the Begin menu by clicking the Home windows icon on the desktop or the bodily Home windows key in your keyboard.
- Sort System Data on the search bar and click on Enter. You can too click on on the System Data app within the search outcomes.
- As quickly as you hit Enter or click on the System Data app, you’ll be taken to a devoted ‘System Data’ window the place you possibly can view the associated Home windows info together with the structure info comparable to if the system is on a 32-bit model or 64-bit model.
Utilizing Command Immediate
- Press the Home windows key and kind cmd within the search bar.
- Click on Enter, or choose the Command Immediate app from the outcomes.
- Command Immediate panel will open up.
- Sort ver within the Command Immediate and hit Enter.
- Command Immediate will get the associated Home windows model info.
So these have been the a number of methods you possibly can determine which Home windows model you’re operating.
Why is it necessary to know your PC’s Home windows model?
There are a number of causes you would possibly wish to know the Home windows model your PC or laptop computer is operating. Understanding this info is crucial because it’ll make it easier to set up apps or video games which are suitable together with your system. Most app builders require that you simply meet the minimal specs to run their apps. Resembling requiring you to have a 64-bit Home windows construct or a selected Home windows construct to run the app effectively. This may even make it easier to set up suitable drivers on your system.
Moreover, typically Home windows updates trigger bugs and chances are you’ll wish to determine, which construct is inflicting the mentioned difficulty and uninstall it. For this, you must know the precise Home windows construct quantity so you possibly can uninstall that exact patch.